Water leakage is one of the most usual household issues and is a notorious one too because identifying it in the correct time is very complex. Water is a scarce resource and water leakage leads to its loss and it costs us in different ways. Water leakage leads to damp floors, walls, and ceilings, in turn, damaging home frameworks. Water leakages can be noxious as they aggravate decaying of the house and kitchen appliances, electronic devices, and they also result in sky-rising water bills. Water Leak Detection at the correct time can save our home, money and most importantly water.
Steps forWater Leak detection:
1.Close All Appliances:
To begin Water Leak Detection first turn off all the water and electronic sources of the house like taps, water cleanser, geysers, refrigerators, air coolers and conditioners, ice makers, etc. Strictly prevent your family members and fellow home mates to turn them on till your job is done.
2.Use Your Water Meter:
For the test, you require to locate the water meter in your house and nearly recognize the position of the needle in the meter’s dial. Now leave it for next twenty to thirty minutes roughly and make sure no water valve remains open from any place, meanwhile even by the fault. After the waiting time is over again see the meter needle.
Types of Water Leak Detection System:
There are two types of water leak detection system:
- Passive Leak Detection: Passive Leak detection system is generally stand-alone battery-operated devices which create alarm sound when its liquid sensor gets wet. These alarms allow the home owner to locate the real source of the leakage so that immediate action can be taken. The device runs on battery, and hence its battery must be checked daily.
- Active Leak Detection: This System is activated with an alarm when it detects water leaks and will accordingly stop the water flow. It may use a liquid sensor or a flow sensor in controlling any water leaks.
There are Two Kinds of Such Systems:
- Individual Appliance System: Individual appliance system control leaks from an individual appliance and accordingly shut off the water supply to such device which leaks should be detected.
- Whole House System: Whole house system controls leakage in the entire home. It not only alarms the owners but also shuts down the water supply when such incident happens. This system is composed of various liquid sensors that send to monitor valve via the radio signal or by the means of wiring connections.
Steps in Controlling the House for Possible Water Leaks:
- When your toilet is flushing itself when no one is near the toilet.
- As most water pipes are fixed in the walls and floors, you can only understand if there are leaks when you observe discoloration on wall, carpet, and ceiling.
- Detecting water leakage in the sprinkling system is similar to spotting leakage on a covered piping system.
- Another way out to identify whether you have the water leak in your home is to control your water bill. You should have great water bill with the same everyday consumption, you could follow an expert plumber and check it out with your local service company.
- Water is leaking in your washroom when water is moving from the tank to the bowl when no one is flushing it.
Water leaks only cause damages. It would be known for you to deal with it as early as possible. Previous detection and repair shall save you money and protects your home from the water damage.